• 2014 Legend will be distributed Aug. 4-5. Watch your mail for a postcard with details. May 23, 2014

• Follow us on Twitter! @LHSImage December 10, 2013

Out and About: Ellisville Nails goes above and beyond

Hannah Marshall, Webmaster
May 2, 2014
Filed under Features, Out and About

Let me just start out by saying this, I will always attend this nail salon for no others can compare. Ellisville Nails is located on 15927 Manchester Rd, next to Chuck E Cheese. It's the newest location of JK Nails, located down the road, but the salon is bigger... Read more »

Cardinals struggling in first month of season, new player hopes to spark offense

Hannah Marshall, Webmaster
April 30, 2014
Filed under Opinions, Opinions

The 2013 National League champions had their first game at the beginning of April. After a rocky start against our rivals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cardinals have been shaky through the next several weeks. Individual, players are playing well; improving batting averages, hitting homers and hustling... Read more »

Seniors take trip to the zoo, freshmen give back to the community

Hannah Marshall, Webmaster
April 30, 2014
Filed under Local News, News, School News, Top Stories

On Wednesday, April 23, every student in the school was involved in separate grade level activities. For the first year, freshmen volunteered for service projects, while sophomores attended an in-school career fair, juniors took the ACT and seniors went to the zoo. The freshman class were divided... Read more »

Rockwood Summer Academy registration opens March 3, allows students to take prerequisite courses early

Lucas Meyrer and Hannah Marshall
March 4, 2014
Filed under News, School News, Top Stories

Rockwood School District's Summer Academy will open registration Monday, March 3 for classes that will run from June 2-June 27. Classes offered this summer for high school students are Personal Fitness and Wellness and Art Fundamentals, both of which need to be taken in order to graduate.  Credit... Read more »

Cardinal Nation: spring training update, Cardinals hall of fame ballot

Hannah Marshall, Webmaster
March 3, 2014
Filed under Local News, National News, News

Play ball! The St. Louis Cardinals had their first spring training game on Friday, February 28 against the Miami Marlins. It was a close one, but the Cardinals fell short 4-5. Since then, the St. Louis team lost to the Marlins (4-5) on March 1, dominated the New York Mets (7-1) on March 2 and fell... Read more »

Hot Links: 5 local restaurants who deliver to school

Hannah Marshall, Webmaster
February 27, 2014
Filed under Features, Hot Links

Getting tired of sack lunches and cafeteria food? Treat yourself to one of these five area restaurants who can deliver to school: Papa John's http://order.papajohns.com/order.html Hunan Express* http://www.hunanexpresswildwood.com/ Imo's ... Read more »

‘Got Milk?’ no longer the tagline for MilkPEP ads

Hannah Marshall, Webmaster
February 26, 2014
Filed under National News, News

After 20 years, the Milk Processors Education Program (MilkPEP) is changing their iconic tagline. Say goodbye to 'Got Milk' and hello to 'Milk Life.' This new tagline, launched at the beginning of this week, is supposed to boost milk sales, which were on the decline, while increasing awareness... Read more »

Stars in the news: Bieber, Swift and Cyrus

Hannah Marshall, Webmaster
February 6, 2014
Filed under Opinions, Opinions

It’s incredible to think that this little pop singer from Canada has risen so high over the past few years to fall so hard in just a few short months. Justin Bieber has been much loved by his beliebers for years now; they have followed and supported him through thick and thin, but enough... Read more »

Day in the Life: State Champions; the journey continues with a visit to Jefferson City, national recognition

Madison Kesselring and Hannah Marshall
January 20, 2014
Filed under Blog, Opinions, Sports, Team Coverage, Top Stories

Varsity girls volleyball has won the State title again in November, and after three consecutive years, they’re drawing a lot of attention. The Missouri State Congress credited the team for their hard work and determination on Jan. 14, 2014 in an open session. Local... Read more »

Rockwood cancels school due to inclement weather

Hannah Marshall, Asst. Webmaster
December 6, 2013
Filed under Local News, News, School News

Early on Friday, Dec. 6th, Rockwood students received the call from Superintendent Adams saying that school is cancelled for that day. Snow had been falling, leaving the ground and streets white, and the roads too slick on bus routes. "Storm watch" contacts drive through the routes at least once starting... Read more »

Disney aims high with new theme-park “Avatar Land,” to open in 2017

Hannah Marshall, Assistant Webmaster
October 18, 2013
Filed under National News, News

In 2009, "Avatar" was released as a movie that was the first of its kind. Now, Disney is planning to make the mystical land of Pandora come to life. Ideas and blueprints have been released about Disney's new themepark, "Avatar Land" (not the official name), that will be featured in an expansion of... Read more »

Flesh-rotting drug makes first appearance in United States, spreads

Hannah Marshall, Assistant Webmaster
October 14, 2013
Filed under National News, News, Top Stories

Imagine your body rotting from the outside, in. Your skin starts turning green and scaly at the site of a small injection. Nasty, festering sores and abscesses randomly appear all over your body and the only way to stop the spreading is through amputation. Skin falls off your body, revealing bare... Read more »

Cardinals start postseason against Pirates with a bang

Hannah Marshall, Assistant Webmaster
October 4, 2013
Filed under Sports, Top Stories

The St. Louis Cardinals started off their postseason with a bang on Thursday night. Literally. Carlos Beltran hit a 3-run homerun sparking a 7-run third inning for the Cards while also tying the record for most homeruns hit during postseason play currently held by the baseball legend, Babe Ruth. The... Read more »

Pain in the iOS: Was iOS 7 really worth the hype?

Hannah Marshall, Assistant Webmaster
September 23, 2013
Filed under Opinions, Reviews, Top Stories

I absolutely had no idea that Apple was coming out with a new iOS. My first time hearing about it was during first hour on the day it was being released. "It's going to be awesome!" "Noon today!" "Where will I find wifi?" "Ha Ha, sucks for you! I have lunch during that hour!" I was hearing... Read more »

Out and About: Which-Wich offers one-of-a-kind sandwich experience

Hannah Marshall, Assistant Webmaster
September 20, 2013
Filed under Features, Out and About, Top Stories

I'll admit, I was wary when my friend convinced me to go with her during their opening week. I'm a Subway and Jimmy John's die-hard and I just didn't think I could handle a new sub experience. Boy, was I wrong. I have never been to anything like Which-Wich. Their sandwich making process is definitely... Read more »

Easy Mac Malfunction

Hannah Marshall and Gabby McDaris
August 29, 2013
Filed under News, School News

Lafayette High School students put their fire drill expertise to use earlier today. Around 1 p.m. on Aug. 29, the fire alarm sounded throughout the school. "An Easy Mac caught on fire in a microwave. Once it was on fire, it smoldered throughout the room. That was it," Principal John Shaughnessy said. Students... Read more »

2013-2014 Student Registration

2013-2014 Student Registration

Hannah Marshall, Assistant Webmaster
August 4, 2013

The first day of school is fast approaching! What better to get the ball rolling then with registration? Registration, running from Monday, August 5th, to Friday, August 9th, is put in place for students to get prepared for the upcoming school year. Students will get their picture taken for school... Read more »

Busch Stadium to hold SEMO vs. SIU rival football game

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
April 17, 2013
Filed under News

Busch Stadium is one of the most sought after venues for special events in St. Louis. Since the opening in 2006, Busch Stadium has hosted thousands of different events ranging from weddings, corporate meetings and charity events to one-of-a-kind concerts like the Dave Mathews Band, the Eagles and U2. On... Read more »

New Year, New Driver’s License

New Year, New Driver’s License

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
January 30, 2013
Filed under News, Top Stories

Starting this year, Missouri drivers will see a change in the driver's license format. To make it easier for police officers and authority figures to identify student drivers, anyone who is under 21 will recieve a vertical license. Once teens turn 21, they can trade in their vertical license for a... Read more »

HuHot offers unique stir-fry experience

HuHot offers unique stir-fry experience

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
January 25, 2013
Filed under Features

HuHot in Creve Coeur lets you take a trip to Mongolia and experience delicious stir fry. HuHot is much like local Genghis Grill, but with much more variety and an upper class feel. First, you must "Prepare for Battle." You need a bowl to command as you go through the line. You take that bowl... Read more »

New Year, New You

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
January 25, 2013
Filed under Additional Information, As Seen in the Image, News

Activities for a Healthier You! Swimming/ Swimming is a great way to get a cardiovascular workout. It is one of the best exercises for your body because it is non-weight bearing. With a just a half hour of doing the Breaststroke, the lowest intensity stroke, 180... Read more »

Club Spotlight: JSU is open to everybody, not just those who practice Judaism

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
December 14, 2012
Filed under Features

The Jewish Student Union (JSU) is made for those who wish to learn about the customs and practices of Judaism. Those attending the club receive a new insight for the Jewish religion as well as the people who practice it. JSU is a great opportunity to receive a more personal relation to the religion... Read more »

From “Johnny Football” to “Johnny Heisman”

Hannah Marshall, Staff
December 13, 2012
Filed under Blog, Opinions

Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel was named the first freshmen in history to win the Heisman Trophy this past Saturday. The red shirt freshman had an outstanding season, starting with the first game where he was the first freshman quarterback since 1944 to be in the starting line-up for the Aggies. Manziel... Read more »

Wicked returns to Fox Theater

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
November 28, 2012
Filed under News

"Wicked": The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz is coming back to St. Louis for another thrilling series of its musical brilliance.   "Wicked" is based on the 1995 Gregory Maguire novel "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West," a parallel novel of the 1939 film The... Read more »

Out and About: Chimi’s Fresh Mex

Hannah Marshall, Staff Reporter
September 25, 2012
Filed under Features, Top Stories

If you’re craving Mexican food, head on over to Chimi’s Fresh Mex and get some "delicioso" authentic Mexican cuisine. Chimi’s is a fairly new restaurant located by Wildwood Pub and Grill and Wildwood Community College off Highway 109. When you walk into Chimi’s, it feels as if you have... Read more »

iPhone 5: Buy or By-pass?

iPhone 5: Buy or By-pass?

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
September 20, 2012

After months of anticipation and rumors, Apple has finally introduced the latest iPhone, the iPhone 5. Yes, it’s the latest of the phenomena since Apple has introduced their first iPhone, but is it really worth the bucks compared to the last model, the iPhone 4s? When comparing the iPhone 4s to... Read more »

Roe is youngest varsity volleyball player

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
September 18, 2012
Filed under Features

Sophomore Tori Roe is currently the youngest player on the LHS varsity volleyball team, and also one of the newest members added to this year's roster. Last year, Roe played as the starting Libero on junior varsity where she was all over the court making plays that seemed impossible. This year, Roe... Read more »

Three “Cheers” for Lancer Volleyball

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
September 14, 2012
Filed under Sports, Top Stories

Don’t you hate going to a game where everybody seems to know the cheers but you? Lancer volleyball understands your frustration, which is why they will be holding “cheer” practice for students who want to be active fans in the stands. On Monday, Sept. 17 around 5:15 p.m., go to the gym and... Read more »

First late start day causes mixed feelings

Hannah Marshall, Reporter
August 28, 2012
Filed under News, Top Stories

Monday, Aug. 27 was the first Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) late start day of the nine that have been built into the 2012-2013 school year. Instead of school starting at 8:16 a.m., class started at 8:40 a.m. giving students a little extra shut-eye before the day began and teachers some time... Read more »